In the Limelight : Kristine

By | 6:53 pm Leave a Comment
By Allegra Dominguez, Year 12


As star striker and co-captain of the U18 Girls football team, Kristine shares with us her affinity for J. Cole, Pizza and experience as a Lion on and off the field.



What inspired you to play football?


“My dad encouraged me to start playing in Nomads at four years old. I didn’t like it much at first – I’d lie down and play with the flowers during training. But as I got older, I found that being on the football pitch was where I was the happiest and where I felt I belonged the most. Oh, and, Kyla Gibson forced me to play. [Laughs]”

What is it like having your dad as the coach?
“There’s definitely way more pressure. It’s very nerve wracking when your parents come and watch a game – having your dad as the coach just makes it so much worse. [Laughs] But at the end of the day, my dad’s my biggest fan and I think the fact that he pushes me so hard really helps me play my best.”



Do you have any pregame rituals?
“There are 3 songs I always listen to before games: Tookie Knows by Schoolboy Q, Simba by J. Cole and Remember The Name by Fort Minor. I feel like I’ll have a bad game if I don’t! I also touch the field right before every game, you know, feel the earth and stuff.”
What are the essentials in your football bag?
“I always bring around advil, coffee, tampons, laces, pro wrap, and my lucky sweater.”


FUN FACTS:
  • She can name all 44 presidents of the United States (in order)
  • Her favorite football team is US women’s national football team and favorite player is Tobin Heath
  • Her grandfather played for the Liverpool first team
  • She lives for Pizza
  • Her favorite male football player is George Best
  • 12 is her lucky number and her jersey number since Year 2
  • She is an avid J. Cole fan
  • Her dream job is playing for the Orland Pride alongside Alex Morgan
  • She takes HL art
  • She has been a starter on the ISAC team since year 9
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.