Sweet Locations: A Look into Toby's Estate and Vanilla Cupcake Bakery

By | 10:01 pm Leave a Comment
 
By: Aleah Sia, Year 11

If you have a sweet tooth like me, then you know how vital it is to try as many dessert places with your friends and families as possible. These types of places can range from cupcake cafes, and ice cream bars, to milkshake cafes. Last weekend, I embarked on a mission to visit two different dessert cafes, the first was Vanilla Cupcake Bakery and the second, Toby’s Estate. I hadn’t been to either of them prior to this; however, there were distinct pros and cons for both bakeries/cafes. Amongst all this, I definitely enjoyed the fun experience of these sweet escapes.

Vanilla Cupcake Bakery
Location: Two Parkade, 30th Street Corner 7th Avenue , Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City



It was definitely the adorable  exterior and interior design that lured me in. The concept of the store was designed as an English tea party; its walls and interior designs were coloured in different pastel colours. The furniture was so unique - each of the chandeliers and chairs were different. I felt as if I was Alice entering Wonderland for the first time.


The highlight of the bakery was, of course, the cupcakes. They sold classic Red Velvet cupcakes (which I loved), as well as exquisite Reese Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcakes. Additionally, for all you GCSE readers, there was even a cupcake inspired and entitled ‘Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde’, which was basically a chocolate-vanilla duo cupcake. Because I’m a cheesecake lover,  I ordered the Blueberry Cheesecake cupcake. The taste was so wonderfully vibrant that I’m craving for another one right now!

As delicious as the cupcakes were, they were quite expensive (considering their small size). For example, the Blueberry Cheesecake was 125 pesos and the size was smaller than my palm. Overall, I ordered four cupcakes and it came to a total of 550 pesos.


However, I definitely enjoyed visiting this bakery. This cafe is definitely a must-visit for any cupcake lover!


Toby’s Estate
Location: V Corporate Center, 125 L.P., Leviste Street, Salcedo VIllage, Makati City



 

This cafe is more known for its excellently crafted, delicious coffee, as opposed to its l dessert. Despite this, I still gave the desserts a shot and I was not disappointed.

The branch I visited in Salcedo was so spacious that large groups of families and friends were able sit around just one table. I believe that its concept was designed to be similar to that in New York. The ambiance was so relaxing and quiet that I was able to comfortably read my novel alongside the desserts I ordered. In case you didn’t bring anything to entertain yourself, they serve Marvel and DC comics along with your food!


I ordered an espresso and I was delighted to see the beautiful presentation the brewers created with foam. It had a high-quality coffee bean taste, and I was glad that it was worth buying. However, (to my preference) I thought the espresso should have been a little sweeter, as the taste was quite bitter. Thankfully, each table has a jar of brown sugar so that you can freely add to your drink depending on your taste. Alongside my drink, I had its famous calamansi pie. This was the best sweet-sour dessert I have ever tasted in my life! The brownies were really tasty as well, and were served with salted caramel ice cream.

Since exams are coming soon, you can bring your study group there to revise or for those last minute cram sessions. If not, you and your friends can simply have a peaceful hang out at Toby’s Estate. It’s worth going!

Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.