Meet Logan: BSM’s Newest Storey

By | 10:19 am

Written by: Paolo Vera
Photographs by: Molly Maynard

Clad in an electric blue romper, Ray-Ban clubmasters and a black bowler hat, Mrs. Jenna Storey looks like the quintessential, 20-something hipster you’d commonly find at a vinyl record store or corner café. However, one tiny thing is different: the miniscule, month-old baby in her arms. “I never thought I’d be so lucky in my life,” says Mrs. Storey, “he’s literally perfection.”

Towering above the mother and son duo is Mr. Ian Storey, who looks down on the pair with such powerful affection that it almost makes you forget he’s a 6-foot-something water polo player.



“[Logan]’s got my mouth and he's got [Mr Storey]'s eyes.” Mrs. Storey admits, “But I don't know about his nose. And he's definitely got his dad's length.”  “Long arms,” agrees Mr. Storey, as he intermittently kisses his son’s feet – a curious, yet endearing habit he continues throughout the entire interview.

Together, the three make an interesting tableau: a picture-perfect family only found in diaper commercials or insurance ads. From one brief glance, it is evident that this young couple is grounded with their immense love for their firstborn; little Logan Storey is clearly the center of Mr. and Mrs. Storey’s world.



How did you come up with the name?
J: Well, truth be told, we named him after our favorite Marvel character: Wolverine.
I: I wanted his middle name to be “the Wolverine”, but she wouldn’t let me put it on his birth certificate.

So what’s his full name then?
J: Logan Douglas Storey.
In what ways has Logan Douglas Storey changed your life?
I: In every way.
J: He’s time consuming [laughs]. We didn’t realize how hard it would be. I mean, we’re never on time these days. We’re late to everything. As soon as we think we’re ready to leave, we suddenly remember that we forgot his bottle or his hat or his whatever.
I: He sleeps a lot. He sleeps more than you’d think--like 20 hours.

As new parents, what do you think are the common misconceptions about parenthood?
I: That babies are really fragile. But [Logan] is not.
J: When someone wants to hold him [Logan], they usually take ages to get him out of his crib because they’re frightened he’ll break or something. I think he’s really strong--I don’t know, we just got a really strong baby.
I: Our baby’s tough. Babies are stronger than they look.



SEE THE FULL ARTICLE IN THE MAGAZINE HERE
Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.